News & Updates
April 6, 2015
Simone Mimosa | Mix & Match Cookies
I have an obsession with food! And I dont know where it came from!
My dream is to open a cafe with homestyle cooking, relaxed atmosphere and great coffee.
The recipes you will see here may someday be on the menu board at my cafe.
For the moment it’s blogging for rant magazine! We will explore recipes for quick mid week delicacies, yummy desserts and scrumptious “old school” cakes, biscuits and slices….Yum!
I really hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Mix and Match cookies.
1 cup loosely packed soft brown sugar
90g unsalted butter, softened
1 egg at room temperature
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
1 cup of your favourite confectionery or fruit. I love using dried fig with chopped pecans or walnuts. Or 1/2 small packet of chocolate coated fruit and nuts. For the kids you could use mini M&Ms, chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless!
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper
2. Cream the butter and brown sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg until well combined
3. Sift in the flour and fold gently
4. Gently fold in confectionery or fruit and nuts
5. Roll the mixture into golfball sized balls, place on prepared trays, allowing room to spread between each, and flatten slightly with a fork
6. Bake for 12- 15 minutes until golden
7. Remove from oven to cool slightly, then remove to fully cool on wire racks